So, Christinaof Life Being Girly and Marryof Viver Para Contar both told me that I am a part of their WordPress family and passed along this award. Which is a cool award, probably my favorite one so far, because I have really come to enjoy getting to know the WordPress community and hope that I have found my own little corner here to call home. I decided to recreate the award in my own style, cause that’s what I do with WordPress…I fiddle with it until it looks like me, lol…
I have really long legs all of a sudden…
I started this blog September 2…so that means I’ve had it forrrrr 1 month, 14 days and 6 hours…clearly I’m counting…
As of today, I have 93 followers. Clearly, all my followers are cool cause they’re into my cheesy posts. And anyone who likes my cheesy posts has to be a cool kid.
That being said, there are a few people that I feel have been super supportive of me and the blog and I always look forward to exchanging comment banter with. I’d like to take this time to say thank you, to my blog family, and pass this WordPress Family Award down to you.
I have to list Christina and Marry as part of my WordPress Family, they are supportive and active and are never short of nice things to say to me! (Seriously, you guys are so nice)
(1) My rendition of Christina’s avatar
(2) My rendition of Marry’s avatar
I also have to list my biggest supporters of my blog, which are Naty, Kim, Svemmy(potatoes), Svenand Daniela! They also happen to be my favorite people, lol, I lub yew guisez!
Go go real life rangerrrrrrs!
Michael of MichaelAlexanderChaney has been super awesome to me as well, I’ve been inspired by a lot of his blog posts. He was one of the first people (if not the first) to have kind words to say about my blog!
(8) My rendition of Michael’s avatar
I’d like to mention my next supporter, one who has literally shown nothing but love and excitement for all of my posts. That person is Annie of Sweet Wild Flower. She. Is. The. Best. We started our blogs at similar times, and we are very supportive of each other’s blogs. She is the sweetest person you will ever meet and I’m lucky to know her!
(9) My rendition of Annie!
That is my WordPress Fam, the coolest kids on this side of the internet.
Thank you guys for being such a big support to me and my blog.
So those of you who don’t know Michael, he’s got seven facts of his own over at his blog. He’s pretty cool too, he writes things that you should read. Thought provoking things. Next level shit. So, I would re-nominate him, but I don’t think that’s how this thing works.
Oh, but it gets better, there are some pass along rules associated with this pink, glorious jpeg!
“The One Lovely Blog Award requires that I give seven facts about myself and nominate another five recipients.”
So, here’s seven things about Super Saiyan M…
1. Guild Wars. I played it the most consistently and vigorously than any other game in my life. It’s also the first MMORPG I was introduced to. I’ve actually made several friends through the game, I’ve met two of them in person.
2. I lived overseas for 11 years. I have been to 27 countries, but only 3 states. I wish to continue to travel; I have more places in mind! My dream is to end up in a cool big city for a while, with like coffee shops everywhere (not Starbucks, I’m talking hipster shit).
3. My biggest pet peeve is people being on their smart phones. I’d be more specific but really I think you know what I mean… When the person you are having a conversation with hasn’t looked up from their phone screen. The guy who bumps into you because he was on his phone. The person who interrupts you mid-sentence to show you a vine video…or a facebook status…or a tweet. Come on people, why do you do that??? Seriously.
4. The most liberating thing I have ever experienced, was losing my phone. I was no longer in charge of anything, I had an excuse for everything. And everyone had zero expectations for me showing up or responding to anything. It was glorious. However, after this happened a second, third and fourth time, I have to say this feeling was quickly replaced with more darker emotions.
5. I have been reading comic books since I was a wee child (any Psylocke fans?), I collected trading cards, and I watched anything with superheros on television. I’ve been pretty obsessed with super hero and comic culture for the majority of my life.
6. Scent is like my favorite sense. I get it, hearing is cool and seeing is like super important. But smelling is where its at. The smell of food gets me every time. I have purchased more perfumes than I’d like to admit. Every gift I give to one of my girl friends is usually scented. I can identify every bath gel, shampoo or conditioner that I own by its scent. Since being in nursing school I’ve spent a shit ton of money on scented antibacterial soaps and hand sanitizers. I crave certain smells, which is why I have a lot of candles as well. I also am keen on what my friends smell like. This may sound creepy, but its how I operate. Equally strange, I suppose, is that I can block or minimize other scents. It’s a weird super power to have. The worst is when I have allergies (which happens far too often) and I can’t smell anything at all.
7. I’m a bear. Evidence:
Ferocious clawing action going on! Hide yer kids, hide yer food!
Now, the nominations, cause I got to select la crème de la crème of wordpress writers…that I am subscribed to.
1. Miami Transit Rider: If you know Miami, then you know bad driving. If you know Miami driving , then you know frustration. But, if you take the public transportation in Miami, then you are Daniela. And I suggest reading along for a ride that you will surely be able to relate to. Her rants are awesome.
2. The Global Citizens Blog: I’m not sure if this kind of blog counts, but I’mma nominate it anyway. It’s a really interesting blog to follow, each post is by a different student who is partaking in the Victoria Overseas Exchange (Vic OE) exchange student program. I love reading about what each person is doing, their new experiences and what they’re learning along the way.
3.Keep Culture Weird; I like Dave’s posts. I’d say more, but really you should read it, cause its hard to sum up all of them. Several, several guest posts made on the blog are by his students, all good fun reading.
4. zi0otography: I’m obsessed with the photography that’s posted on this blog. It’s beautifully captured and captivating. :D Also there are pictures of the Netherlands right now, because I guess the photographer is passing through.
5. Museums Reviewed: This is the shit. It’s literally posts about museums – which are basically my favorite thing. A Polish guy in the Netherlands guides you through the good ones, the bad ones, all of them really. It’s the fucking best. I’m not sure why you’re still reading this…you should have clicked the link and investigated by now.
6.SaSa Stories: Sarah is studying marine biology in Groningen, cause she’s a bad ass. I love reading about her adventures, she is so adorable it hurts. Her blog still seems relatively new. But I’m not judging…I’ve only had this blog for a month lol.
7. Blogging Robin: I have to support my fellow nursing students! Cassandra is a Canadian nursing student who I can closely relate to. She also feels that shopping is a disease… Once again, this is more of a new comer to the wordpress world.