So, for those who were curious. I got the job that I previously applied for. I’m really excited about this. But it also means that blogging has slowed down – you may have already noticed. The hiring process involves a lot of question answering, phone talking and person meeting. Basically, a lot of my time.
Something else happened, a close family member of mine passed away. So I haven’t really been feeling all that blog-ish – despite being gifted a tablet that I didn’t deserve by a beautiful friend that I love to pieces. I have come to find that the grieving process goes in cycles. Sometimes I’m totally fine and I can work on my course work without a problem. Sometimes I just break down and cry. I was advised to keep busy while I process this, so I will force myself to do things that normally entertain me in an attempt to distract myself (exhibit A: blogging). But at the end of the day, and really at the start of it too, I am alone and a giant mess of feels.
This happening has really put a lot of things in perspective for me. I know I couldn’t have known it was going to happen, but when it did, I really took in the responses people gave me. Without trying to sound like a complete asshole, and I mean really I don’t give a fuck if I do, I know now who supports me and who doesn’t. Thanks for giving up on me, it made it easier for the both of us. Today I have realized that I don’t have any guilt left to give, just anger.
Going back to that previous comment, the one about blogging slowing down. I’ve been recently nominated by my peers for some awards. I am always honored when someone does this, but as of recently, I haven’t had a lot of time to respond to those posts. So this is my shout out, don’t let my lack of response make you feel ignored – I haven’t forgotten you – my head just isn’t fully in the game. Ya feel? I hope so. This message goes out to Teepee12,Annie, and Sheen Meem – you guys already know you’re cool, just bare with me on my slowness.
Anyway, to avoid this post becoming a giant hunk of lame, I’d like to throw fun things at your faces.
Check out that sweet piece of jpeg! I like it, its green and its got a great adjective, more importantly its got “award” at the end of it. Everyone loves awards, right? I give myself awards all the time. The dark chocolate eater award, the best excuses to not go to the gym award, the eating a second and third breakfast this morning award. That last one is really dear to my heart. I’m basically a hobbit.
So this green stallion of an award has some rules that go along with receiving it. Which I will follow, since I don’t really break rules all that often!
Select 15 bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. Holy shit, that is a lot of blogs to list….okay, here goes!
Miami Transit Rider – Daniella’s Rants about Miami public transportation makes her blog my favorite!
Michael Chaney’s Blog -Michael is my favorite writer that I have been exposed to since joining wordpress!
As per the instructions, you have all just been nominated for Versatile Blogger Award as well. Let the never-ending game of internet tag begin!
The last rule says I have to tell you guys 7 things about myself. Now you see, the problem with this is, I already did that before. So its hard for me to come up with 7 NEW things to tell you about myself. Mostly because I’ve only been awake for three hours and I’m not at home…
Luckily the Daily Prompt has come to my rescue, giving an idea as to what what I can talk about.
1. Clothes are very important to me. I need them, or else I’d be naked. That may sound a bit obvious, but, really, I don’t want to be walking around naked. Mostly because I get cold very easily. I’m not sure why I’m always perpetually cold, maybe its bad circulation. Regardless, I need clothes so that I don’t feel like one of those shivering hairless cats.I AM A BEAR, and thus require a warm coat of fur. I prefer to be bear than bare, GET IT? O GOD IM NOT EVEN KIND OF FUNNY.
2. When I was growing up my style was that of a tom boy. All I did when I was a kid was play with my brothers toys and video games. My mother attempted to dress me up in skirts and poofy dresses, but these efforts were always met with retaliation. I remember at some point my parents started buying us clothing a few sizes up so that we would grow into them. I ended up stealing my brothers pants and shirts that were too big for him. I don’t think he minded much…but I never actually asked, lol.
3. When I was in highschool my style was that of a hottopic poster child. I wasn’t the happiest of kids when I moved back to the states. I was pretty depressed that America and American teenagers were not at all how I pictured them. So I think that’s why I started listening to really dark music. I say dark, because it involved the color black. Lots of black. I think I wore only black for like a good solid two years of my life. Sometimes I’d add in some bright colors, but most of the time…just black. I had those giant over sized baggy pants, the ones where it looked like I was hiding a small child in each pant leg. I didn’t own shirts that weren’t band shirts. Seriously. I had spikey wrist bracelets and wore clunky metal necklaces. My backpack was filled with band patches and I only listened to black metal, death metal, speed metal or alternative bands. And I had a livejournal (does that still exist?). Basically, I was your average angsty teen.
4. My style today is a little bit of everything. I enjoy skirts and dresses again, lol, I’m glad I got over that. I also love the shit out of bermuda shorts. Best. Invention. Ever. If I’m not wearing flip flops its because I’m going to the gym. If I’m going dancing I never wear heels…as I learned the hard way that bar hopping and clubbing require a lot of footwork. I have a shit ton of novelty t-shirts. I have star wars, star trek, band shirts, a tuxedo shirt, super hero shirts, I even have a Powerthirst shirt – for when I decide that I need to be uncomfortably energetic! I also have a wonderful pile of more fashionable tops, but I never seem to find occasions to wear them.
5. My style as a nursing student screams yoga pants and college t-shirts…Mostly because I don’t sleep much, I wake up early, I spend my days studying and I have no life. Don’t judge me; you’d dress like this too. The only permanent addition to my wardrobe since starting nursing school is a watch. I never regularly wore watches before, but now I feel weird if I go a day without one. Maybe one day, when I’m a super adult, I’ll get a cool galaxy gear watch…until then, I can only hope to buy a Casio calculator watch. Those are the fucking coolest.
6. Clothes you will never see me in: overalls or no-sleeve tees. There was this one time, when I went to Japan with my girl friend Kim, that the cool peeps we were hanging out with took us to the beach and we had nothing to wear for such an occasion. So we went to a nearby clothing store, but the cheapest clothing we found were a pair of overalls…one pink and one yellow. We ended up purchasing them because our friends told us that they looked cute, and they pushed us to buy them. We looked so absolutely ridiculous. We looked like Pink Mario and Wario. It was so embarrassing. All picture evidence has since been burned. The no-sleeve thing is related, once again, to my dislike of being cold. Speaking of which, something you will ALWAYS see me carrying: a sweater or jacket. I never leave home without one.
7. My favorite article of clothing is my hello kitty snuggie. I consider it an article of clothing…even though if you want to get technical, I’m pretty sure its more of a robe-blanket. MAD?MAD CAUSE I GOT A HELLO KITTY SNUGGIE?You should be.
BAAAAAAAAAAM. Two birds, one early morning stone. Done and done! I’m ready for second breakfast now.