So, Christinaof Life Being Girly and Marryof Viver Para Contar both told me that I am a part of their WordPress family and passed along this award. Which is a cool award, probably my favorite one so far, because I have really come to enjoy getting to know the WordPress community and hope that I have found my own little corner here to call home. I decided to recreate the award in my own style, cause that’s what I do with WordPress…I fiddle with it until it looks like me, lol…
I have really long legs all of a sudden…
I started this blog September 2…so that means I’ve had it forrrrr 1 month, 14 days and 6 hours…clearly I’m counting…
As of today, I have 93 followers. Clearly, all my followers are cool cause they’re into my cheesy posts. And anyone who likes my cheesy posts has to be a cool kid.
That being said, there are a few people that I feel have been super supportive of me and the blog and I always look forward to exchanging comment banter with. I’d like to take this time to say thank you, to my blog family, and pass this WordPress Family Award down to you.
I have to list Christina and Marry as part of my WordPress Family, they are supportive and active and are never short of nice things to say to me! (Seriously, you guys are so nice)
(1) My rendition of Christina’s avatar
(2) My rendition of Marry’s avatar
I also have to list my biggest supporters of my blog, which are Naty, Kim, Svemmy(potatoes), Svenand Daniela! They also happen to be my favorite people, lol, I lub yew guisez!
Go go real life rangerrrrrrs!
Michael of MichaelAlexanderChaney has been super awesome to me as well, I’ve been inspired by a lot of his blog posts. He was one of the first people (if not the first) to have kind words to say about my blog!
(8) My rendition of Michael’s avatar
I’d like to mention my next supporter, one who has literally shown nothing but love and excitement for all of my posts. That person is Annie of Sweet Wild Flower. She. Is. The. Best. We started our blogs at similar times, and we are very supportive of each other’s blogs. She is the sweetest person you will ever meet and I’m lucky to know her!
(9) My rendition of Annie!
That is my WordPress Fam, the coolest kids on this side of the internet.
Thank you guys for being such a big support to me and my blog.
Check out that sweet piece of jpeg! I like it, its green and its got a great adjective, more importantly its got “award” at the end of it. Everyone loves awards, right? I give myself awards all the time. The dark chocolate eater award, the best excuses to not go to the gym award, the eating a second and third breakfast this morning award. That last one is really dear to my heart. I’m basically a hobbit.
So this green stallion of an award has some rules that go along with receiving it. Which I will follow, since I don’t really break rules all that often!
Select 15 bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. Holy shit, that is a lot of blogs to list….okay, here goes!
Miami Transit Rider – Daniella’s Rants about Miami public transportation makes her blog my favorite!
Michael Chaney’s Blog -Michael is my favorite writer that I have been exposed to since joining wordpress!
As per the instructions, you have all just been nominated for Versatile Blogger Award as well. Let the never-ending game of internet tag begin!
The last rule says I have to tell you guys 7 things about myself. Now you see, the problem with this is, I already did that before. So its hard for me to come up with 7 NEW things to tell you about myself. Mostly because I’ve only been awake for three hours and I’m not at home…
Luckily the Daily Prompt has come to my rescue, giving an idea as to what what I can talk about.
1. Clothes are very important to me. I need them, or else I’d be naked. That may sound a bit obvious, but, really, I don’t want to be walking around naked. Mostly because I get cold very easily. I’m not sure why I’m always perpetually cold, maybe its bad circulation. Regardless, I need clothes so that I don’t feel like one of those shivering hairless cats.I AM A BEAR, and thus require a warm coat of fur. I prefer to be bear than bare, GET IT? O GOD IM NOT EVEN KIND OF FUNNY.
2. When I was growing up my style was that of a tom boy. All I did when I was a kid was play with my brothers toys and video games. My mother attempted to dress me up in skirts and poofy dresses, but these efforts were always met with retaliation. I remember at some point my parents started buying us clothing a few sizes up so that we would grow into them. I ended up stealing my brothers pants and shirts that were too big for him. I don’t think he minded much…but I never actually asked, lol.
3. When I was in highschool my style was that of a hottopic poster child. I wasn’t the happiest of kids when I moved back to the states. I was pretty depressed that America and American teenagers were not at all how I pictured them. So I think that’s why I started listening to really dark music. I say dark, because it involved the color black. Lots of black. I think I wore only black for like a good solid two years of my life. Sometimes I’d add in some bright colors, but most of the time…just black. I had those giant over sized baggy pants, the ones where it looked like I was hiding a small child in each pant leg. I didn’t own shirts that weren’t band shirts. Seriously. I had spikey wrist bracelets and wore clunky metal necklaces. My backpack was filled with band patches and I only listened to black metal, death metal, speed metal or alternative bands. And I had a livejournal (does that still exist?). Basically, I was your average angsty teen.
4. My style today is a little bit of everything. I enjoy skirts and dresses again, lol, I’m glad I got over that. I also love the shit out of bermuda shorts. Best. Invention. Ever. If I’m not wearing flip flops its because I’m going to the gym. If I’m going dancing I never wear heels…as I learned the hard way that bar hopping and clubbing require a lot of footwork. I have a shit ton of novelty t-shirts. I have star wars, star trek, band shirts, a tuxedo shirt, super hero shirts, I even have a Powerthirst shirt – for when I decide that I need to be uncomfortably energetic! I also have a wonderful pile of more fashionable tops, but I never seem to find occasions to wear them.
5. My style as a nursing student screams yoga pants and college t-shirts…Mostly because I don’t sleep much, I wake up early, I spend my days studying and I have no life. Don’t judge me; you’d dress like this too. The only permanent addition to my wardrobe since starting nursing school is a watch. I never regularly wore watches before, but now I feel weird if I go a day without one. Maybe one day, when I’m a super adult, I’ll get a cool galaxy gear watch…until then, I can only hope to buy a Casio calculator watch. Those are the fucking coolest.
6. Clothes you will never see me in: overalls or no-sleeve tees. There was this one time, when I went to Japan with my girl friend Kim, that the cool peeps we were hanging out with took us to the beach and we had nothing to wear for such an occasion. So we went to a nearby clothing store, but the cheapest clothing we found were a pair of overalls…one pink and one yellow. We ended up purchasing them because our friends told us that they looked cute, and they pushed us to buy them. We looked so absolutely ridiculous. We looked like Pink Mario and Wario. It was so embarrassing. All picture evidence has since been burned. The no-sleeve thing is related, once again, to my dislike of being cold. Speaking of which, something you will ALWAYS see me carrying: a sweater or jacket. I never leave home without one.
7. My favorite article of clothing is my hello kitty snuggie. I consider it an article of clothing…even though if you want to get technical, I’m pretty sure its more of a robe-blanket. MAD?MAD CAUSE I GOT A HELLO KITTY SNUGGIE?You should be.
BAAAAAAAAAAM. Two birds, one early morning stone. Done and done! I’m ready for second breakfast now.