Friends, I want to ask you all to go back in time with me. But not too far back…I’m talking probably early 1990s…can’t believe its already been 20 years. I’m asking you to go back in time with me because I had a dream the other night…a dream that reminded me of something I thought had been long forgotten. But really, it can never be forgotten…because it was possibly the most important piece of plastic to have ever graced my hands.
So something pretty cool just happened…I just surpassed 100 subscribers!
+ 100 EXPERIENCE, SUPER SAIYAN M GAINED A LEVEL.
100 people decided I was cool enough to push the follow button. I feel like I should shake your hands…or play you in a friendly game of dominoes, I don’t know… what is it that people do to show their thanks these days?
Look at all these places! I really need to get to know you guys, cause I’m totally down for couch surfing if you are. I’m in need of a vacation.
So this is me, thanking you, for hanging out with me. OH GOD, I PROMISED MYSELF I WOULDN’T GET THESE FEELS-
I do have to say, its a bit disappointing not knowing all you guys…like I have gotten to know a handful who are frequent commenters (which is cool <3)… but for the most part my audience is a big mystery to me.
THUS I would like to make a suggestion… can we have a quick Q & A? I mean, just a little something so I can get to know you. Please, answer the following questions below
How did you find me?
What are your hobbies?
Tell me something you learned about blogging.
Do you drive stick shift or automatic?
What’s your pet’s name…wait, do you have a pet? If you don’t have a pet, would you like one?
Cool, I can’t wait to read your answers.
Right about now, you’re probably (or probably not) asking yourself why I like blogging so much.
Well, you see, I have nothing else better to do.
Yeah. For real.
Like, I am taking classes. And when I’m done with the work for those classes…I sit in my room, looking at this computer screen, typing on this keyboard, wandering aimlessly into the vast internet ocean. Like a mighty, ferociously curious and muscular shark. Lots of muscles. I work out.
So, basically, I’m already here…might as well entertain myself.
Here’s a depiction of how my blogging process goes.
BARE FEET IS HOW WE ROLL, SHOES ARE FOR ZUMBA NERDS
When I’m at my apartment I chill with my brother a lot. I love that kid. My brother has told me before that he wanted to try yoga. He and I used to be gym buddies. But lately our sleep schedules haven’t quite been overlapping all that much and to avoid sitting at my computer chair on a daily basis I push myself to go to the gym at around 6-6:30am; when, unfortunately, my brother is still snoozing. I miss tag teaming with him at the gym, but if I don’t push myself to go to work out then it doesn’t happen.
So recently, I’ve been riding solo to the YMCA closest to my apartment (I have a free membership through my university). When I get there I pop on my earphones and get in the zone. I don’t talk to anyone really (its mostly empty in the mornings), and I try to do a little bit of something in each of the rooms (weight room, cardio machine room, other machine room, etc..).
SQUATS ON SQUATS ON SQUATS
Well, one day, I decided to do my work out out of order (usually I do cardio first in the cardio machine room), I started in the weight room and did some squats. On my way back to the central area of the YMCA I saw that people were setting up for a yoga class in the main group workout area.
Now, I have tried yoga before, I think four years ago. It was not the most pleasant of experiences. When I was completing my first degree my university dropped some mad amount of money on a new gym and recreational center for its main campus. Kosmonat and I decided to explore the group exercises one day and we ended up going to a yoga class.
This class was hard as fuck. The yoga instructor would keep saying things like “I can see we have some new people” and “Try and keep up if you’re just a beginner” or “These are simple positions so it should be easy for our beginners”… I think those comments just made me look like a bigger jack ass for not being able to pretzel my way into whatever the hell position she was trying to make us do. I literally fell on my face the majority of the time and the other half of the time I was asking Naty if it looked like I was doing it right. To which she would tell me she had no idea.
That yoga class was going 150 miles an hour and I didn’t understand any of it.
Fast forward to my curious gym morning this past week, I cringed at the sign that said yoga. Gross. But then I thought about how my brother really wanted to try the yoga sessions at this gym. As more and more people started piling in I found myself just kind of standing there looking at all of them. Then I thought, “You know what? I don’t feel like doing cardio…so fuck it”. I grabbed a mat, took off my shoes and sat my ass down.
A really thin, short haired blonde woman made her way to the front of the class, she had a super cute yoga outfit on. And when she opened her mouth, a super strong Russian accent coated her words.
OH SHIT, I LOVE HER ALREADY. This is gonna be good.
So I was pleasantly surprised to find that my instructor was far more easy going and explanatory than my previous experience. She would give two to three suggestions about alternative positions we could make if we wanted to “challenge” ourselves. As in, if we were more advanced. So the majority of her instructions were for the most basic positions. AKA – PERFECT FOR ME.
She was also really big on the calming and relaxation part of yoga, which is cool because I could use more of that to subdue my anxiety. Her inhale and exhale instructions were really detailed – from your nose, from your mouth, while lifting your arms or lowering your leg. It was awesome.
This was the bomb. I was able to follow every instruction using one method or another. I felt like a badass.
And, to my surprise, I was drenched in sweat by the end of the session. I had no idea that yoga could make me feel like I had just done a twelve mile marathon without so much as moving one foot in each direction of my mat.
I enjoyed myself so much that I think I’ll be incorporating these yoga sessions into my weekly gym routine.
What about you guys? Have you ever tried yoga before? Was it everything you’d dreamed it would be? Or was it a huge ball of festering failure?
So, yesterday, something incredibly magical happened.
I went to the mail box…and I found out… THAT I HAD JUST RECEIVED A WACOM INTUOS PEN TABLET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ran around my living room, out of breath, screaming incoherent words because I don’t think I understood how to process this.
So of course, I can barely keep my shit together trying to connect that bad boy to my desktop. This is something I made on MS Paint using the tab and pen:
I was so excited, I think I did like fifty MS Paint doodles. I don’t feel that I should post 50 pictures…because, well, that just seems really unnecessary. I did have fun coloring things in with the pen, it makes drawing and shading much faster than with my mouse. Doge approves.
But, because I was clearly too high on tablet excitement, I didn’t read much of anything in the box it came with. In fact, this morning, while I was experimenting with it again I decided to take a second look at the contents of the box.
Turns out, you get free program downloads if you register your product…
So, now, I have no idea what the fuuuuuuuuuuck I’m going to do!
Like, this is all so much to process. I don’t even know how to use any programs besides MS Paint.
This is the first thing I made on ArtRage…SWEET FIERY SONS OF NEPTUNE, I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO MAKE.
THE POSSIBILITIES – OMG!
this program is called Autodesk Sketchbook Express – I like it a lot for shading in colors :3
KOSMONAT, I DON’T DESERVE ANY OF YOUR LOVE, YOU ARE MORE RADIANT THAN FIFTY SUNS, THANK YOU FOREVER AND EVER <3
The only problem now is that my crappy old computer can’t handle the program…
The adorably sweet AnnaMarie of Sweet Wild Flower and positively beautiful Christina of Life Being Girly are the ones who nominated me. They are the nicest people you will ever meet on the internet, and if you haven’t checked out their blogs yet – you should. I’ve linked their blogs to their names, so just click ’em! You know you want to.
Le Bus Bear, or is it an RV? Regardless, I love it.
She’s got a great style of drawing, and she has a shop section! So those who want one of her adorable cards, prints, stickers or bags – I implore you to indulge yourself. I personally have my eye on this:
So those of you who don’t know Michael, he’s got seven facts of his own over at his blog. He’s pretty cool too, he writes things that you should read. Thought provoking things. Next level shit. So, I would re-nominate him, but I don’t think that’s how this thing works.
Oh, but it gets better, there are some pass along rules associated with this pink, glorious jpeg!
“The One Lovely Blog Award requires that I give seven facts about myself and nominate another five recipients.”
So, here’s seven things about Super Saiyan M…
1. Guild Wars. I played it the most consistently and vigorously than any other game in my life. It’s also the first MMORPG I was introduced to. I’ve actually made several friends through the game, I’ve met two of them in person.
2. I lived overseas for 11 years. I have been to 27 countries, but only 3 states. I wish to continue to travel; I have more places in mind! My dream is to end up in a cool big city for a while, with like coffee shops everywhere (not Starbucks, I’m talking hipster shit).
3. My biggest pet peeve is people being on their smart phones. I’d be more specific but really I think you know what I mean… When the person you are having a conversation with hasn’t looked up from their phone screen. The guy who bumps into you because he was on his phone. The person who interrupts you mid-sentence to show you a vine video…or a facebook status…or a tweet. Come on people, why do you do that??? Seriously.
4. The most liberating thing I have ever experienced, was losing my phone. I was no longer in charge of anything, I had an excuse for everything. And everyone had zero expectations for me showing up or responding to anything. It was glorious. However, after this happened a second, third and fourth time, I have to say this feeling was quickly replaced with more darker emotions.
5. I have been reading comic books since I was a wee child (any Psylocke fans?), I collected trading cards, and I watched anything with superheros on television. I’ve been pretty obsessed with super hero and comic culture for the majority of my life.
6. Scent is like my favorite sense. I get it, hearing is cool and seeing is like super important. But smelling is where its at. The smell of food gets me every time. I have purchased more perfumes than I’d like to admit. Every gift I give to one of my girl friends is usually scented. I can identify every bath gel, shampoo or conditioner that I own by its scent. Since being in nursing school I’ve spent a shit ton of money on scented antibacterial soaps and hand sanitizers. I crave certain smells, which is why I have a lot of candles as well. I also am keen on what my friends smell like. This may sound creepy, but its how I operate. Equally strange, I suppose, is that I can block or minimize other scents. It’s a weird super power to have. The worst is when I have allergies (which happens far too often) and I can’t smell anything at all.
7. I’m a bear. Evidence:
Ferocious clawing action going on! Hide yer kids, hide yer food!
Now, the nominations, cause I got to select la crème de la crème of wordpress writers…that I am subscribed to.
1. Miami Transit Rider: If you know Miami, then you know bad driving. If you know Miami driving , then you know frustration. But, if you take the public transportation in Miami, then you are Daniela. And I suggest reading along for a ride that you will surely be able to relate to. Her rants are awesome.
2. The Global Citizens Blog: I’m not sure if this kind of blog counts, but I’mma nominate it anyway. It’s a really interesting blog to follow, each post is by a different student who is partaking in the Victoria Overseas Exchange (Vic OE) exchange student program. I love reading about what each person is doing, their new experiences and what they’re learning along the way.
3.Keep Culture Weird; I like Dave’s posts. I’d say more, but really you should read it, cause its hard to sum up all of them. Several, several guest posts made on the blog are by his students, all good fun reading.
4. zi0otography: I’m obsessed with the photography that’s posted on this blog. It’s beautifully captured and captivating. :D Also there are pictures of the Netherlands right now, because I guess the photographer is passing through.
5. Museums Reviewed: This is the shit. It’s literally posts about museums – which are basically my favorite thing. A Polish guy in the Netherlands guides you through the good ones, the bad ones, all of them really. It’s the fucking best. I’m not sure why you’re still reading this…you should have clicked the link and investigated by now.
6.SaSa Stories: Sarah is studying marine biology in Groningen, cause she’s a bad ass. I love reading about her adventures, she is so adorable it hurts. Her blog still seems relatively new. But I’m not judging…I’ve only had this blog for a month lol.
7. Blogging Robin: I have to support my fellow nursing students! Cassandra is a Canadian nursing student who I can closely relate to. She also feels that shopping is a disease… Once again, this is more of a new comer to the wordpress world.
I just found this artist named David Perez, and I like his stuff.
This is him:
These pictures are pulled off of his tumblr btw…I can’t believe I was even on tumblr again. I blame Svemmys.
Perez is an artist from Bogota, Colombia. And that’s about all that I know about him, other than the fact that I have gone through every one of his pictures. Here is his main site. Here is his tumblr. Go crazy.
You must be logged in to post a comment.