So yesterday my internet bud, Annmarie (AKA Sweet Wild Flower), decided to give me this cool anniversary present for my 1 month of blogging. I’d like to take a second to thank her for being such a positive internet buddy. I’m not so used to seeing nice people on the internet. It’s a great change.
Check out that sweet piece of jpeg! I like it, its green and its got a great adjective, more importantly its got “award” at the end of it. Everyone loves awards, right? I give myself awards all the time. The dark chocolate eater award, the best excuses to not go to the gym award, the eating a second and third breakfast this morning award. That last one is really dear to my heart. I’m basically a hobbit.
So this green stallion of an award has some rules that go along with receiving it. Which I will follow, since I don’t really break rules all that often!
Select 15 bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. Holy shit, that is a lot of blogs to list….okay, here goes!
- Miami Transit Rider – Daniella’s Rants about Miami public transportation makes her blog my favorite!
- Michael Chaney’s Blog -Michael is my favorite writer that I have been exposed to since joining wordpress!
- Knitting, feminism and miscellaneous ranting – I WISH I KNEW MANDY IN PERSON, O GOD, SHE’S AMAZING.
- Lafemmeroar – I get something out of every post, she’s a great writer.
- Museums Reviewed – I have read every single post on this blog. Its re-god-damn-diculous how much I love it.
- Hanna Brencher – I just discovered Hanna via her TEDtalk regarding her more love letters project.
- Just Homemade – because food porn is the best kind of porn.
- Illustrator Bites – Heather is hella talented, I love her illustrations and her blog is adorable.
- Delightfully Tacky – I’ve been following Elizabeth since 2009, you could say that I follow her the most regularly!
- Living Europea – I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, this couple are living my dream.
- Map of Jo – Only recently discovered this blog, but its become my wordpress version of tumblr!
- Little Wolf – I want to be Maryanna when I grow up.
- Pretty Pink Pebbles – Ana has a little bit of everything!
- Stegothesaurus – for your regular dose of flash fiction! :3
- The Illustrious Peacock – beautiful photography, you know you want to look at it. LOOK AT IT I SAY.
- Violent Metaphors – for when I’m feeling sassy and science-y.
[I added one for good luck!]
As per the instructions, you have all just been nominated for Versatile Blogger Award as well. Let the never-ending game of internet tag begin!
The last rule says I have to tell you guys 7 things about myself. Now you see, the problem with this is, I already did that before. So its hard for me to come up with 7 NEW things to tell you about myself. Mostly because I’ve only been awake for three hours and I’m not at home…
Luckily the Daily Prompt has come to my rescue, giving an idea as to what what I can talk about.
1. Clothes are very important to me. I need them, or else I’d be naked. That may sound a bit obvious, but, really, I don’t want to be walking around naked. Mostly because I get cold very easily. I’m not sure why I’m always perpetually cold, maybe its bad circulation. Regardless, I need clothes so that I don’t feel like one of those shivering hairless cats. I AM A BEAR, and thus require a warm coat of fur. I prefer to be bear than bare, GET IT? O GOD IM NOT EVEN KIND OF FUNNY.
2. When I was growing up my style was that of a tom boy. All I did when I was a kid was play with my brothers toys and video games. My mother attempted to dress me up in skirts and poofy dresses, but these efforts were always met with retaliation. I remember at some point my parents started buying us clothing a few sizes up so that we would grow into them. I ended up stealing my brothers pants and shirts that were too big for him. I don’t think he minded much…but I never actually asked, lol.
3. When I was in highschool my style was that of a hottopic poster child. I wasn’t the happiest of kids when I moved back to the states. I was pretty depressed that America and American teenagers were not at all how I pictured them. So I think that’s why I started listening to really dark music. I say dark, because it involved the color black. Lots of black. I think I wore only black for like a good solid two years of my life. Sometimes I’d add in some bright colors, but most of the time…just black. I had those giant over sized baggy pants, the ones where it looked like I was hiding a small child in each pant leg. I didn’t own shirts that weren’t band shirts. Seriously. I had spikey wrist bracelets and wore clunky metal necklaces. My backpack was filled with band patches and I only listened to black metal, death metal, speed metal or alternative bands. And I had a livejournal (does that still exist?). Basically, I was your average angsty teen.
4. My style today is a little bit of everything. I enjoy skirts and dresses again, lol, I’m glad I got over that. I also love the shit out of bermuda shorts. Best. Invention. Ever. If I’m not wearing flip flops its because I’m going to the gym. If I’m going dancing I never wear heels…as I learned the hard way that bar hopping and clubbing require a lot of footwork. I have a shit ton of novelty t-shirts. I have star wars, star trek, band shirts, a tuxedo shirt, super hero shirts, I even have a Powerthirst shirt – for when I decide that I need to be uncomfortably energetic! I also have a wonderful pile of more fashionable tops, but I never seem to find occasions to wear them.
5. My style as a nursing student screams yoga pants and college t-shirts…Mostly because I don’t sleep much, I wake up early, I spend my days studying and I have no life. Don’t judge me; you’d dress like this too. The only permanent addition to my wardrobe since starting nursing school is a watch. I never regularly wore watches before, but now I feel weird if I go a day without one. Maybe one day, when I’m a super adult, I’ll get a cool galaxy gear watch…until then, I can only hope to buy a Casio calculator watch. Those are the fucking coolest.
6. Clothes you will never see me in: overalls or no-sleeve tees. There was this one time, when I went to Japan with my girl friend Kim, that the cool peeps we were hanging out with took us to the beach and we had nothing to wear for such an occasion. So we went to a nearby clothing store, but the cheapest clothing we found were a pair of overalls…one pink and one yellow. We ended up purchasing them because our friends told us that they looked cute, and they pushed us to buy them. We looked so absolutely ridiculous. We looked like Pink Mario and Wario. It was so embarrassing. All picture evidence has since been burned. The no-sleeve thing is related, once again, to my dislike of being cold. Speaking of which, something you will ALWAYS see me carrying: a sweater or jacket. I never leave home without one.
7. My favorite article of clothing is my hello kitty snuggie. I consider it an article of clothing…even though if you want to get technical, I’m pretty sure its more of a robe-blanket. MAD? MAD CAUSE I GOT A HELLO KITTY SNUGGIE? You should be.
BAAAAAAAAAAM. Two birds, one early morning stone. Done and done! I’m ready for second breakfast now.