Alrighty guys, it seems everyone has finished the very first Breaking Netflix viewing! That means its discussion time!
We all watched The League – Season 1 (6 Episodes) THIS POST HAS SPOILERS! REPEAT, SPOILERS! Turn away if you want to watch this series and don’t want to blame me for knowledge you didn’t want to know.
Some questions I want to ask you guys!
- What did you think of the series? Did you like it/not like it?
- Who was your favorite or least favorite characters?
- What was your favorite episode and scene?
- Would you want to watch the next season?
- Anything else you want to comment on :3
- WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SEE NEXT ON BREAKING NETFLIX?
My answers to those questions!
(1) I really liked this series, I think its really funny, but I feel like I miss a lot of the jokes because I don’t watch (or understand) American football. I don’t really understand how these guys can still be friends when they are such dicks to each other on a daily basis. Also, I really dislike competitive people in real life, so I feel like if I knew these people I wouldn’t find it quite as funny. I’d just be annoyed. But, as a fake comedy, its pretty good!
(2) My favorite character is hard to choose, so was my least favorite. I feel so bad for Andre, he never gets any respect, and he’s a doctor. Also, I love that his team is called the “double entandres”! I ended up laughing at his expense in several episodes, which made me feel bad. But then the Shiva episode came around and I suddenly didn’t feel so bad. Taco gets a lot of the great one liners, and Ruxin (even though he is a huge asshole) also steals a lot of scenes. It’s a good thing Kevin has a convincing frustration face, because I feel like every time I see him he is mad. And I still can’t believe Jenny started a draft while in labor. This can’t be a healthy obsession.
(3) My favorite episode was definitely the pilot/episode 1. I feel like it was a great way of introducing all of the characters. I also can’t believe that these guys would wager naming rights to their unborn son…
I also really liked the season finale/episode 6.
(4) I would watch the next season if enough people want to see it. But I’m still down to switch it up too. I also want to know what happens after Shiva has been angered…
(5) Other comments – I have seen other seasons/episodes ahead, it is a pretty funny show. I feel like they should have introduced Rafi earlier. Rafi is the brother of Sofia (Ruxin’s wife). He’s freaking weird but gets a lot of great lines. I will say that it took me a while to get into this series, I didn’t immediately get into their humor cause they are such dicks to each other.
(6) I feel like watching a movie next, I don’t know how you guys are feeling. I keep seeing “Side Effects” pop up on my Netflix recommendations!
For those who may have forgotten the ideas we already brainstormed, here they are again.
I can’t wait to read your comments!